Friday 30 July 2010

Snetterton - POLE and RACE WIN!



Snetterton was my first race win. I Qualified 1st and went on to win the race holding P1 from start to finish.

I made a clean start, aided by Jon Mortimer of P2 missing second gear off the start line, however getting the clean break was essential knowing that Snetterton has the the fastest and longest straight in the country. This enables those following to get a tow, so to follow is a significant advantage.

I built up a lead that stretched over 7 seconds during the race but I had to slow down on the last 2 laps for fear of running out of petrol, a calculation that I realised I was too close to comfort whilst on the warm up lap.

The race behind was not without drama, which enabled me to build up the lead that I did whilst posting some of the fastest and most consistent times of the weekend.

I am now only two points behind the Championship leader with 2 races to go so its all to play for. Thanks to Brads for his help at the weekend and those who travelled to see the race. Next race is at Brands Hatch on 22nd August.

No comments:

Post a Comment